A charming art-filled guesthouse in Versilia
Italy. Tuscany. A lovingly restored farmhouse. Views to vineyards, mountains, and olive groves.
If this wasn’t enough, perhaps the smell of fresh pastries dancing through the kitchen in the morning is what makes Locanda al Colle so special; a place where living la dolce vita is effortless and the sweet sea breeze of the Tuscan coastline is only minutes away.
Perched on the hill overlooking Camaiore in the province of Versilla, ancient trees and olive groves pave the path to Locanda al Colle, a quintessentially Italian guesthouse with the warmth of a country home.
Set over three floors, artfully decorated suites open out to terraces with fireplaces and hammocks that gently sway to a background of vineyards and rolling hills. Each floor has a cosy living room and a serene terrace, areas in which guests can take time to slow down and enjoy the tranquillity that permeates the property.
For breakfast, there’s fresh bread and pastries, cheese and charcuterie, seasonal fruit from the morning’s harvest and homemade muesli. Elegant wrought iron vintage furnishings are housed beneath the wisteria pergolas, where it is easy to while away the morning and enjoy the fresh Italian produce. While dinner is prepared at the house three nights of the week, guests can request lunch or dinner on any other day or night.
To understand the taste and topography of Tuscany, Locanda al Colle offer wine tastings, treks, and bike tours. For those days that you don’t want to leave the guesthouse, there’s yoga and massages.
After a morning stretch, the salt water swimming pool is the best place to laze about, overlooking the various flora and settling into the Italian way of life, which at Locanda al Colle, is as easy as saying si.
- Twelve rooms including doubles and suites. All beautifully decorated with an art deco edge.
- Enjoy free private parking at the hotel
Wine & Dine
- A delicious buffet breakfast is served daily
- Dinner is served three times a week. If you wish to have lunch or dinner on any other days at the Locanda you simply tell the staff and they prepare a salad or pasta dish for your lunch or a rich plate of cheeses, cold meats for your dinner
Spend the day
- Lounging around the beautiful heated salt water swimming pool
- Visiting the private beach club Bagno Cavallone which is only a 5km drive from the hotel
- Book a massage or yoga lesson
- Take a cooking classes with the outstanding onsite chef
- The team at Locanda are happy to organise wine tastings, bikes, boat trips, vespas and more...
When to go
- The best times to visit Versilia are late spring or early autumn
For more information visit locandaalcolle.com